Funding resources for PhD students: I’ve compiled a list of funding resources and grants for PhD students: see it here.
Causal Inference in Observations & Econometrics Resources – More coming soon!
R, stats, LaTeX, or other time-saving tips
- One R Tip a Day
- “Top 10 Useful R packages that I wish I knew about earlier”
- Help with LaTeX symbols: Detexify
- Choosing the correct statistical analysis for your kind of data (from UCLA)
Dynamic Programming & Markov Decision Process Resources
- Richard S. Sutton & Andrew G. Barto’s book, “Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction” Ch.4
- Markov Decision Process R package (‘MDPtoolbox’) by I. Chades et al. (2012) & for MATLAB
- A free tool-box to solve stochastic dynamic programming problems in R, MATLAB, OCTAVE, and SciLab from the Conservation Decisions group: info here.
- A primer on Stochastic Dynamic Programming for Ecologists (Marescot et al 2013) with code!
- Useful advice on navigating the publishing process from Joe Bennett and the Environmental Decision Group at UQ, including how to conduct a peer-review.
- Useful guide to responding to reviewer’s comments from the Dynamic Ecology blog.